JULY 24, 2016
Ladies & Gentlemen, we apologize for the inconvenience but “Mother Nature” decided to rain 5.5” of rain on us from 4:30PM to 2:30AM in the morning. With the amount of rain that fell, all 60 bunkers on the course washed out. Our maintenance crew has been working on the bunkers since 5AM this morning. Our crew was able to remove water out of about 35 bunkers and push up about 26 bunkers.
Restrictions & Pace of Play
· Please play the course at 90 degrees.
· If your ball lands in a bunker that is deemed unplayable, please move your ball out of the bunker or to a spot close to where your ball landed to hit your next shot.
· Note, Hole #15 was impassable earlier this morning. It is now open and is playing as a PAR 5. Our crew pumped water back into the lake on #15 so that you can now pass on the cart path up by the green. The water is below the floor board. Please proceed slowly through the water.
· After playing #15 - If you are playing from the black or gold’s you can tee off from the upper boxes on hole #16 before having to go back down #15 to a cut through that leads to the fairway on hole #16. The only tees that are playing from the fairway on #16 are the green, blue and silver. It can still be played as a PAR 4.
· Pace of Play may be a little slower as players remove their balls from bunkers and move from hole-to-hole at 90 degrees. Please be patient and courteous with other golfers and staff as they’ve worked diligently to get the course open and playable.
· Otherwise, enjoy your day, stay hydrated in the heat and have fun playing G-O-L-F.
Thank you for your understanding today!
Foxford Hills Golf Club
Eighteen distinctly spectacular holes…a four-star Golf Digest rating...featured on the Golf Scene and WGN Radio 720...and an atmosphere that evokes Carolina resort golf, all at a fraction of the typical resort-golf price tag. That’s Foxford Hills Golf Club in northwest suburban Cary, Illinois. Just an hour from downtown Chicago - a must play for golfers on the north-side and south-side of Chicago.
A phenomenal golf course playing to 7,047 yards from the tips, Foxford Hills tests golfers’ stamina and shot-making savvy with intriguing 60 MacKenzie style bunker complexes and strategically placed water. Five tee placements per hole create a truly flexible, dynamic layout, while expansive bentgrass fairways and generous greens ensure all golfers can have fun here.
Foxford Hills’ charming Southern-style clubhouse accommodates a full-service pro shop, spacious locker rooms, and a fabulous bar-and-grill operation. The beautiful 30-stall, grass-tee driving range is lighted, giving Chicagoland golfers an extra couple hours every day for practice.
Whether you are looking for a course that will test your mettle, a fun place to play with friends and family, or a memorable outing venue, Foxford Hills will meet your needs and make your day.